Instant messaging app WhatsApp has rolled out a new feature for its users in the form of the Polls feature. This update is intended for both Android smartphones and Apple iPhones. This new feature allows users to conduct polls in personal chats and in group chats. This means that decisions can be made in a very short time.
“The polls are here! Making decisions in the group chat just got easier and more fun,” WhatsApp announced via its official Twitter account on Wednesday.
According to the latest WhatsApp polls feature, a user can add up to 12 options to a poll. The recipient, on the other hand, can choose more than one option when voting. This means that you are not limited to choosing just one option. Users should note that they need to update their WhatsApp (on iOS and Android) to get the latest version.
Follow the steps to use the polls feature
- Open WhatsApp on your iOS or Android device, then click on a group/individual chat
- iOS users need to click the “+” symbol next to the chat window in the chat. On the other hand, Android users can select the “paper clip” symbol next to the chat box.
- Click the poll option to create a poll window
- Add the question and then add options to it. Users can add up to 12 options for their question.
- Users can tap and drag the hamburger option on the right side of the option to rearrange it.
- After a user finishes adding questions and options to the poll, hit the submit option
- A poll has been created
Once a poll begins, it will automatically update as a new vote is added. The viewers associated with the polls can view the results of the polls. They can simply click on the ‘view votes’ option to know the results of the poll. The viewers can also check which option has been selected by others.