If you are reading this, it means that you are most likely a parent and you are concerned about the safety of your children when consuming content online, especially when you give them your smartphone. You have to constantly check that they are not viewing content that is over their age limit or accessing apps that are harmful to them. Well, if you own a Samsung device and always share it with your child(ren), you can easily keep them safe online. Of Kids mode on Samsung, you can control what your kids can access when they have your Samsung device.
What is Samsung Kids Mode?
Samsung calls it “your child’s first digital playground”. According to them, Kids mode is a treasure trove of fun, kid-safe content. When enabled, it creates a separate kid-friendly user profile for your kids. Kids mode gives them access to apps, games and other content appropriate for their age range. It also comes with a parental control feature that allows parents to use both define borders to their child(ren) usage and customizes the content they make available.
Advertisement – Continue reading below
How to enable Samsung Kids mode on your Samsung device
- You have access to Samsung Kids mode by means of Quick settings on your Samsung device. Swipe down from the top of your screen twice to access Quick Settings.
- Then swipe right until you see an empty space with the + icon, tap it.
- Look for the “Childrenicon at the top and drag it down to it Quick settings Surface.
- Tap Done once you move the icon.
Now you can start powering up Kids mode on your device. Here’s how:
- Tap the Children icon again Quick settings.
- Then toggle “Add Samsung Kids to the Apps screen” and then tap Next one to start.
- You should see a screen that looks exactly like it Android home screen. You will also see a bunch of apps (not yet downloaded) on the screen. You can tap on any of the apps or games you like, and to download them.
- Tap to turn off kids mode three-point icon in the top right corner of the home screen and select Close Samsung Kids.
There you have it. That’s all you need to do to set up Kids Mode on your Samsung device. Also check out How to install YouTube Kids on Amazon tablet if your kids are using Amazon tablet.