See that guy in the middle of the photo below, all dressed up like a top CIA, MI5 agent? He is the founder and former CEO of Amazon, Jeff Bezos. He currently serves as the executive chairman of the Amazon Board, where he focuses on the company’s new products and early initiatives.
In recent years, he leapfrogged Bill Gates to become the richest man in the world for five consecutive years. Like Elon Musk, the man likes many things, commercial astronaut, rockets et al.
Back to the picture with Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson. This was not for an Amazon ad about how they are currently outsmarting Microsoft or Google. It’s not a battle session between Cortana, Alexa, or Siri, either. lol 😃 it’s a photoshop meme that went viral.
Below are some valuable notes from Jeff Bezos that shaped his life growing up. I hope you will notice something that will resonate or spur you on.
Jeff Bezos says:
- Do things you don’t know how to do and do them. It makes you resourceful.
- Whenever you have a setback, use resilience and resourcefulness to find your way off the beaten track.
- Minimize your regrets. You don’t want to catalog your regrets.
- Ultimately, we are our choices. Build a great story for yourself.
- You cannot innovate without the willingness to fail. Because most innovations don’t work.
- Every time you do something new and get criticized, you need to figure out if those critics are valid.
- Keep inventing and don’t despair if the idea seems crazy at first.
- You have to accept that your business is an experiment and it can fail.
- The most important thing is to be obsessed with the customer. Don’t satisfy your customers, figure out how to absolutely surprise them.
Those are a few nuggets to get you started. Have a nice weekend and see you soon!
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow the latest videos and news in the ecosystem.