Much of the war of words that has been going on in the golf world over the past year has come between those on the PGA Tour and LIV Golf sides. Now, however, we have a case of criticism from within the LIV field.
Pat Perez, who made the news last month for taking home over $8 million across seven LIV events in 2022 despite not doing much on the course, took aim at Phil Mickelson on the Son of a Butch podcast with Claude Harmon.
The game always recognizes the game! Pat Perez doing what he always does… keeping it real. This is good! ✅ the full episode comes out https://t.co/l7XHSe31Z4 pic.twitter.com/PMjSJQTTmA
— Claude Harmon III (@claudeharmonIII) November 9, 2022
Perez explained that while he joined LIV Golf, Mickelson was after everyone on the PGA Tour to try and recruit players for LIV. And Perez hinted that Mickelson profited from the secret recruiting mission.
Perez said on the podcast:
“And the fact that when he did that action, not only was it – he had intentions to do it. He was already – he knew it was going to happen before it happened and when he did it – I was hurt by one. I was like, ‘How can this guy do this?’”
“When it comes to Phil, I have a different hatred for Phil than most people. People won’t know the story, I’m not going to go into the story again, but Phil crossed the line with me that is just insurmountable and unforgivable.”
Perez said Mickelson is correct in his assessment of the PGA Tour and how, in their opinion, they are not on the golfers side. He just didn’t agree with Mickelson’s way of doing things behind other players’ backs.
“He (Phil) is 100% correct that the Tour is the way they are. They are for themselves, not for the players. They are not for cultivating anyone else except their own pockets.”
Perez is part of the 4 Aces team, captained by Dustin Johnson, who won the team championship this season. He is expected to return to office in 2023.
Cover image Via ProGolfNow
- Pat Perez opens up about ‘unforgivable act’ committed by LIV golf buddy Phil Mickelson – November 9, 2022
- REPORT: LIV Golf targeting Schauffele, Cantlay and others for 2023 – November 8, 2022
- Jim Nantz reveals how long he plans to comment at the Masters – November 7, 2022
- LIV CEO Greg Norman is now unwilling to change the format to get OWGR points – November 5, 2022
- Bubba Watson on LIV Money Guaranteed Review: Happens on the PGA Tour Too – November 3, 2022
- LIV Golf’s Patrick Reed Files Another Defamation Lawsuit Against Golf Media – November 2, 2022
- Report: Dustin Johnson Making a Switch to 4 Aces… and It’s Not Pat Perez – November 2, 2022
- Pat Perez Earns $8 Million Despite Not Having LIV Top 10 “I Get Paid, I Don’t Give A Fuck” – November 1, 2022
- Inside the Numbers: Dustin Johnson’s $38 Million LIV Season – November 1, 2022
- Wisconsin man sets unofficial world record by playing nearly 18,000 holes of golf in 2021 – October 28, 2022
see all posts