WEST OF THE MOUNTAIN
- Since the 2019 season, Mountain West has won 19 games against Autonomous-5 opponents, including 16 against Pac-12. This is the highest number of wins in that time span among all non-standalone conferences-5.
- Over the past 18 years, Mountain West has been the top non-standalone conference 5 out of 10 times and the second five times.
- Mountain West produced the first non-automatic qualifying FBS team in a BCS bowl game (Utah – 2005 Fiesta Bowl) and College Football Playoff (Boise State – 2014 Fiesta Bowl).
- Following Wyoming’s two-overtime victory over Tulsa on September 3, and the Air Force’s victory over the Navy on October 1, Mountain West now has a 17-11 record against American Athletic Conference opponents.
- Nevada Senior Security Bentlee sanders is a 2022 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award semifinalist, the only non-Autonomous-5 DB to earn a spot on the list.
- San Jose State Senior Linebacker Kyle Harmon amassed 402 total tackles in his career, just one tackle behind the fifth-highest all-time tally in MW history, currently held by New Mexico’s Dakota Cox (403; 2013-16).
- Nevada Senior Race Toa Tauá rushed for 3,654 yards in his career, the fourth highest among active FBS players. Taua is just 139 yards away from tying for fifth in league history.
- Fresno State senior quarterback Jake Haener threw at least one touchdown pass in 24 straight games beginning October 24, 2019. This is the third longest stretch in Conference history. Carson Strong (Nevada) and Derek Carr (Fresno State) hold the league record for a touchdown pass in 26 straight games.
- In the past 18 seasons, MW has won the Bowl Challenge Cup five times and has the third-best bowl game win percentage among the 10 FBS conferences (0.583), behind only the SEC (0.621) and Sun Belt (0. .00). 593).
Boise State (6-3) and Wyoming (6-3) became eligible for the bowl on Saturday, October 29, while the Air Force (6-3) and San José State (6-2) gained eligibility on Saturday, November 5th.
- The Broncos are eligible for the bowl for the 25th straight season, the third-longest active streak nationally behind Ohio State and Georgia.
- The Cowboys are in the postseason for the sixth time in seven seasons.
- The Air Force is eligible for the 13th time in 16 seasons.
- SJSU coach Brent Brennan is the first Spartan coach to go to two bowl games since Claude Gilbert in 1986 and 1987.
|Friday, November 11th||Fresno State at UNLV*||19:30 PT||CBS Sports Network|
|Saturday, November 12||New Mexico in the Air Force *||13:30 MT||CBS Sports Network|
|Saturday, November 12||Wyoming in the state of Colorado*||17:00 MT||CBS Sports Network|
|Saturday, November 12||State of San José in the State of San Diego*||19:30 PT||FS1|
|Saturday, November 12||State of Boise in Nevada*||19:30 PT||CBS Sports Network|
|Saturday, November 12||State of Utah in Hawaii*||18:00||App Spectrum/Team1Sports|